My little 7 weeker!
This week’s key notes:
• Flynn has started to identify objects. Whereas before he just stared off into space he now locks eyes with me or with toys dangling over him. He can track them too as they move but does better with static objects.
• Sleep at night continues to be short. Most nights we averaged 2 hours between feeds and usually at least once a night he didn’t fall asleep between a few feeds. I bet I could put a paci in his mouth with my eyes closed since I do this every 2 minutes for an hour straight every night.
• On Wednesday Flynn got circumcised. The actual procedure was not terrible and we were there the whole time to hold his hand. He cried but it was no worse than his hungry cries. The real terror came after. He was miserable. He would fall asleep in my arms ok but as soon as I moved him it was bloody murder crying. Seriously…painful cry is the WORST! And changing his diaper and attempting to put antibiotic ointment on it was awful. The first time I cried too. But after a few intense naps that first day he started to feel a lot better. After 24 hours I think he’s back to feeling normal.
• Flynn got weighed at the urologist and weighed a whopping 7 lbs 10 oz! He’s gaining weight at a crazy rate! 14 oz in 10 days! This is no surprise though given his appetite overnight.
• He’s having some “awake” time in between feeds now. The past 2 days he was awake from roughly 1-5 pm. Sometimes he has a second patch before bedtime. Luckily he hasn’t started being too awake over night. I can usually rock him back to sleep and he at least will sleep for an hour.
• And sometimes the bouncer just won’t do. If I put him in it in the evenings he cries so the past few nights I’ve had to make dinner with him in the k’tan which is challenging but better than trying to scurry to make dinner while he cries.
The week in photos:
Cross stitch framed and in the nursery